All of the configuration for Sage lives inside of
app/setup.php. Each option is documented allowing for you to easily familiarize yourself with the options configured out of the box.
# Theme Configuration
Configuration specific to WordPress resides in the
app/setup.php file. In this file, you will find the default enqueued stylesheets and scripts, the supported theme features added with
add_theme_support, and the registration hooks for navigation menus and sidebars.
By default, Sage is configured to:
app.json the frontend.
editor.jsin the Gutenberg editor.
- Add theme support for common functionality.
- Register a default navigation menu called
- Register a primary and footer Sidebar widget area.
Also seen in
setup.php is out of the box theme support for Soil (opens new window) (recently updated!), a WordPress plugin containing a collection of modules applying theme-agnostic front-end modifications including:
- Cleaner WordPress markup
- Disable REST API
- Disable asset versioning
- Disable trackbacks
- Google Analytics integration
- Cleaner NavWalker for navigation menus
- Prettier search URLs converting from
- Root relative URLs
Sage ships with a starter
theme.json for you to start customizing.